Cooper Tires - Which Model?

From: Roger Heim (roger@aremaitch.com)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 10:36:41 EDT

I'm probably one of the few that had good luck with the factory Goodyears
but after 51000 miles it's time for new tires. I've used Cooper's on other
cars before and from the DML archives a lot of people like them for the Dak.
I just don't know which model to get. My driving is mostly on-road;
off-road is mainly just unpaved and gravel roads.

According to Cooper's web site my best choices are the Discoverer H/T, AST,
and AT (this is the 31X10.5 size). The H/T has a 60000 mile warranty and is
"Hydroplaning resistent with good snow/ice traction". The AST doesn't
mention a warranty, and the AT has a 50000 mile warranty. The tread
patterns are different for all three.

For anyone that currently is running these tires, which one do you have and
do you have any comments?

Roger
'98 SLT 4X4 CC