Re: TB butterflies

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 13:27:07 EDT

Damn Marty!
      We're gonna have to start calling you Marty Moose! Sucks that you
cracked the TB. Is it just cracked on the mounting lug? If so, you can
probably get some JB weld and fill in the crack to hold it or take it to a
machine shop and have them weld with either TIG or MIG. As far as the air
hat goes, carry your happy butt to Lowes or Home Depot and get some
threaded rod, bend it and make yourself an "S" bolt. You might have to play
with the dimensions some to get it right, but it will do the job. A
standard length of threaded rod cost about a buck. If you ever get up to my
neck of the woods, get in touch with me, I know I have some left over from
when I did my "S" bolt and I'd be happy to give it to you. Or if you want,
measure the length of the stock bolt and let me know how long it is. I'll
make a "S" bolt and mail it down and you can cut off the extra length to
fit.

Ray Irons
Dover, DE