Shock life WAS: Re: Re: Tuned Up -- and a question.

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 22:57:30 EST

Terry Schwartz wrote:

> Hey you GIII 4x2 owners, what is your experience with shock life? I'm at
> 42K, starting to think my shocks are getting soft. I live in pothole country
> but my driving is 90% freeway, with nothing in the bed.
>
> Terry.

OK, I've got a 4x4, but basically the OEM shocks are junk. I swapped
mine at 39K and was amazed at the difference; even though they seemed to
still be "decent" a fresh set of Ranchos was a night & day difference.
A quality aftermarket unit will make your truck feel like a completely
new animal, and you'll wonder why you suffered on the old ones for so long.