Re: no heat?

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@cox.net)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 23:12:44 EST

Well, that's actually an interesting and expensive answer.... see, right
about 2 years ago (December 2000), my freeze plugs had rusted out, which
also rusted out my water pump, and on down the list.... of course, they
flushed the system then (guess it was around 80K miles at that time, I'm
around 104K now), but, I know right after that my heat did not blow
well...... now, before the repair work was done, my heat had come and
gone as my engine temp did due to the rusty coolant.. I had just assumed
it was due to the 180t-stat for the reason it was not heating up well.....
Any somewhat simple way to check this? Keep in mind I'm not your weekend
wrench-head, but I have gone as far as replacing my TB :-)

After that whole fiasco, I kinda wished I dropped in a 360, cause I pretty
much paid that much in repairs..... Before the 180 tstat was in, I never
really had a good chance to test it out since I didn't drive but 10 minutes
to work, hardly enough time for the engine to warm up, so, I don't think I
even know what it blew like before the 180 tstat went in :-)