Re: Towing info?

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 08:06:31 EST

I believe you. How much is the R/T lowered from the factory? Even if its
lowered by 2 inches or more, with a load equalizing hitch installed and
properly loading of the trailer, you can adjust the tongue weight and still
stay within the load limits of the suspension. I know on my truck, I'm only
using the bumper hitch, the tongue weight is less than 200 lbs and it
doesn't sink the rear suspension that far. Besides he said he wants to tow
a small trailer. To me that means something like a pop-up tent camper or
such. There is no way I try to pull a full size 28 foot self contained
travel trailer with any Dakota or Durango. IMHO, the braking system and
overall vehicle weight of the mid size trucks and SUV's is not heavy enough
to tow these type of loads. Again, that's just my opinion.

Ray Irons
Dover, DE