Re: Towing info?

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 00:35:36 EST

In a message dated 10/29/2002 5:00:17 AM Central Standard Time,
raymond.irons@gm.com writes:

> . Before I bought my truck I asked the dealer about towing and he
> told me the 4cyl is rated to tow 1800lbs, but I wouldn't want to try it.

I've owned 4 MOPAR 4 cylinders.. 1 turbo, and 2 Daks.. For a Dak.. I'd just
as well haul the 1800# as to tow it; I just want a set of the 2600# payload
Dak springs for my truck. For towing, I agree, with all who have said to use
COMMON SENSE, I don't expect my 2.5L Dak to pull a 35' travel trailer off a
5th wheel.. But if the need came up to move a 8000# trailer; I'd trust my
Dak to do it; especially if it's got trailer brakes.
I used my old '86 Plymouth Turismo to pull a fully loaded 5x8, motorcycle &
all in it, from Phoenix to Chicago. and we used a Ford Ranger with a 2.3L
to move a Dak from DC to AL one day. Yeah, Yeah.. I know those were beyond
limits.. but it's not like either were used for regual trips like that
either.

Aaron W in AL
94 RC WS 2.5L 5spd
86 Shelby Charger turbo