Re: RE: Re: Tuned Up -- and a question.

From: Terry Schwartz (tschw10117@aol.com)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 08:36:31 EST

Hi Paul,

No, 42k on the stock shocks... someone else had the Ranchos. The truck
doesn't oscillate when I bounce it, but I just get the feel that the shocks
are looser or sloppier than earlier on. More body roll, etc.

Another problem I'm having -- tire balance. I took the truck into one of the
chains for balancing and rotation, on the original P255/65R15 Eagle LS's.
There had been a bad vibration at freeway speeds. The first round of
balancing did nothing, so I went back, they re-did it, much better. Now a
month later, the vibration is back, not as bad, but back. I wonder if this
is shock related as well?

Maybe I should just bite the bullet, new shocks and tires all around, and be
done with it? Damn those Eagles are expensive... Has anyone tried the
Pirelli Scorpion Zeros in the snow?

Terry.
'00 4.7L SLT ext cab
pretty much stock!

<Tubamirbls@aol.com> wrote in message news:109.1b0cf262.2af09808@aol.com...

> Hi Terry
> So you now have about 40k mi on your Ranchos? The test of any
shock's
> effectiveness is of course dampening; how quickly does it stop the truck
from
> boing-boing up and down after a dip or similar road surface irregularity.
If