Re: Transfer Case Question

From: Mark (Gilpin.MCKnospam@lycos.com)
Date: Sun Nov 03 2002 - 22:06:33 EST

> That's when stuff breaks. I use 4WD to keep me out of trouble, not get
> me out of it once it's already started. Plus, putting it into 4WD
> requires that I change positions (my arms aren't *that* long) and take
> one hand off the wheel - both bad things when you're trying to keep
control.

Breaks? All you do is let off the gas to equalize wheel speed if your
spinning the rears and lock it in. As for letting go of the wheel, if your
already that far gone, you waited too long. I guess it's a matter of
preference. I just want something "in reserve", and only using 4WD when I
need it works for me. Like I said, if you get stuck, your "reserve" is a
cell phone or a chain.

Mark