Re: Re: The DML

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Mon Nov 04 2002 - 07:20:26 EST

<snip> Well I've decided to move on to bigger and better things... in this
case,
its actually smaller and better... I've decided to sell my dakota after a
lot of thinking... while I definately would choose a dakota when it comes
its competition, I dont think its really the ideal vehicle for me and
bought
myself a hyundai... good gas mileage, and a great warranty!

Wes,
I guess its too late for me to tell you to save yourself the money. I
bought my Dakota used, in 2000. It had 18K miles on it, bone stock V6 5spd
sport. The only options on it was the rear slider window, A/C and the
Infinity stereo. I added cruise control to it myself this past summer. In
2001, my (now ex) wife took it into her head that she wanted a new car. She
decided she wanted a new Hyundai Elantra, tilt cruise, air, pwr windows,
pwr locks, car alarm, remote door locks, everything except the sun roof. I
wanted to get a new Neon to replace the 96 one we had but she had her mind
set on the Hyundai. I never did care for the Hyundai. The seats were
uncomfortable, hard, and the finish of the interior was quite a bit less
than what I expected. I tried to talk her out of it. I even tried to talk
her into a Saturn (only cause I work were the L series are built) but she
was adamant. Now, she has about 57K miles on her car and I have almost 90K
on mine and my truck is worth more then her car. Not only that, the Dak
runs better and gets close to the same mileage. As far as the warranty
goes,I had a problem with the alarm system and called the dealer to get it
covered. They hemmed and hawed and finally admitted they didn't have anyone
qualified to work on the system. This was a factory installed set up and
they told me that all the alarm/remote systems are installed at a local
shop and told me to call them. I called them and that shop told me that if
the remote controller had a Hyundai logo on it, it was factory and they
couldn't do anything with it. I ended up jumpin out the remote starter lock
out and bypassing it so you could start the car. If you haven't sold the
Dak yet, don't. You'll be happier in the long run. (climbing down off my
soap box now)

Ray Irons
Dover, DE