Re: fog lights

From: Sam Hotmail (samjperez@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 04 2002 - 17:54:11 EST

No the problem is the housing is all cracked and so new bulbs only work for
a few days and then once they are damp and moist inside they short out and
burst. So what I would like to do is replace the entire assembly, bracket
light cover and all but want to use same factory wiring and switch. However
the problem is that when the light switch for the fog lights are off, both
leads going into the bulb socket, are powered with 12v and only when you
activate the switch, pull back on light switch one of the leads, the one
with the black stripe is switched to ground and the light is turned on. Now
with the replacement Pilot lights they used a metal housing and a metal
bracket mounted to the metal frame so once spliced in to the wires and
bolted up it would short out and stay lit all the time regardless of the
position of the switch. I don't want to run a new wire harness and a new
switch, and a new relay if possible.

Thanks
Sam