Re: Alarm remote programming?

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 00:30:44 EST

Corey,
Thanks for the info. You mean I should have read my owners manual before posting to the
group? Wouldn't that be backwards from how everything else is done? I wonder if the manual
will also list the differential capacities? ;-)

I'm going to try the enable/disable horn chirp on my remaining fob. If it works, then I'll
feel confident the programming steps will work on my 98 as well. No, the fobs are
physically different, but I'm not sure about the electronics. I doubt they would change
too much given the very limited functionality of these factory alarms.

BTW, your page is titled Driving Light Bulb Replacement >:-O

Thank again,
John

<snip>
If it's the same as the 2001 fob, it should be in your owners
manual, except that the directions are wrong:
http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~betka/horn-chirp.html

If you need the full instructions, I could probably type them up
sometime.
<unsnip>