Re: No subject given

From: srp@cox.net
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 10:39:01 EST

I have a '99 4x4, 5.2L with the NV-242 transfer case (last year for this particular setup-- 2hi, 4 FT, 4 PT hi, n, 4 PT lo)... To get from 2hi-4 pt you simply take your foot out of the gas, and below 55 mph, shift to 4 FT... To shift to 4 PT hi, I shift the tranny into N, then shift the transfer case to 4 PT hi (up to 55 mph)... To go to 4 PT LO.. I slow to near a crawl, shift the tranny to N, then move the transfer case to 4 PT LO quickly (do not stop in N.. as this causes the syncros to stop-- making it difficult to shift into 4 PT LO). It will make a slight grind/rachet noise going in.. I then shift to D on the tranny and go from there. For the most part, the FT option will get you where you want to go-- unless it's some serious deep sand or mud, the FT option works great, especially if you hit soft/hardpack terrain frequently on your journey (no worries about driveline binding...)

Sam