Re: Re: It is MINE! (Was: Stirrin' up the DML)

From: Tony Cellana (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 19:00:33 EST

If you off road it a bit, I'd skip the M1 and leave the BB. It makes better
low end torque. Same for the heads and cam, UNLESS you are going for a
torque grind.

If you stay on the street, a modified BB or the M1 2bbl, and a torquey cam
(under .500 lift). I put a .520 in my 5.2, and could never get it to idle
right. It loved to stall coming up to a red light. It's a bitch trying to
3 foot it when you only have 2 feet.

Either way, a set of 1.7 RRs will make more torque. Harland Sharp makes a
set that don't need adjustment, and are cheaper if that matters. Or the MPs
or Crowers are also good upgrade choices.

Remember, you're pushing a bit of weight with a 4x4 CC, so TORQUE is the
answer to enjoying it.

Just my 2 cents.
TonyC
(367 ft lbs with a factory 360, 1.7 RRs, and boltons)