RE: Re: RE: RE: Dead Dak

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@cox.net)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 08:54:05 EST

Hi Jon,

I stand corrected. The 8v is the PCM power supply circuit. Both the 5v and
8v circuits are stepped down by the PCM. Origination is the 12-14v battery
circuit input from the PDU. If your CKP sensor shows 14v then the initial
14v circuit has not been stepped down. One might conclude that the PCM
might be fried. That being the case, one might want to check all components
using that 8v circuit to see if the extra voltage might have hurt them,
including your CKP sensor. You might want to check the circuit input for
the CMP sensor as well and see if that's 8v. What sounds strange is what
you say happens when you put the MP PCM online. That leads one to believe
that something in your PDU might be overpowering the PCM to begin with. The
only thing that can put out more power than the battery is an alternator
whose power regulator might have gone belly-up. Keep us informed on what
you find.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD