Re: Spark Plug ? (not what you think) :-)

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 23:34:49 EST

You'd definitely notice, but you may have to listen real close. At BBQ
'02 I tripped a misfire code on cylinders 3 and 4, but not at the same
time - which implies to me that at 2 separate times I had one cylinder
misfiring. The second time around (Jason B was with me, I think he
picked up on it too) I definitely noticed the engine actuing a tad funny
and not quite sounding right, and I was running about 100 RPM low at idle.

If you can get to a scan tool, it'll tell you real fast if you're
missing, and it'll tell you which cylinder.

We're assuming I picked up the misfires from some type of foreign
substance getting into the engine compartment :)

Now, if you drop 4 or 5 cylinders for a few seconds like Jason Y did in
The Pit, you'll *definitely* notice.