Edelbrock IAS Shock problem

From: ScSilverdak (scsilverdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 23:12:42 EST

Had to replace one of the Edelbrock shocks on my Dak
today, the left rear shock started leaking oil and bleeding off gas
pressure, so I ordered a replacement.

We started removing the shock, and after unbolting the bottom bolt and
removing we got the biggest nastiest surprise ever ...........The FREAKING
SHOCK BLEW
completely apart covering a friend of mine with oil and
crap that was inside.......

I wasn't there when it happened, but heard about it later on my lunch hour
when I went to pick the DAK up after work at a friend's service center that
handles most of my heavy HI-performance work and collission repair.

Be very careful of this if your Edelbrock shocks start
leaking............and yes they are covered under warranty!!

Ron-
'01 Dakota Sport 3.9 Supercharged
website:http://www.scsilverdak.com
e-mail: scsilverdak@hotmail.com