Re: KLEZ VIRUS IS ON LIST

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Nov 10 2002 - 21:03:04 EST

Rick Barnes wrote:
> I am getting about 4 viruses each day from the list, so everyone, just
> beware.
> Rascal

I keep seeing people say this, it's completely untrue, and it's driving
me nuts.

The list isn't sending you viruses. Attachements and such CANNOT come
through the DML as it's configured. What is happening is that people ON
the list, either the Digest mode or regular, active posters or lurkers,
have the virus. The virus then finds your address in their email files
(because how it finds fresh meat) and sends itself to you. If you were
old college pals with these people and you had no connection with the
DML, you'd still be getting it.

I guess I'm saying...please stop saying "the list is sending me the
virus" because it's not true, and people reading the archives might read
that and then not join us because they're afraid that the list itself
spreads this crap.