Re:Re:Re: Fan attn:Don

From: GSWillhite (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 11:37:17 EST

Almost missed your post.

Don...;) I don't have any pics of the fan switch, but
a trip to Radio Shack will give you a good idea:

1 project enclosure part # 270-288 (2"x 1.3"x.5")

1 Lever switch or Roller lever switch, part #275-017A (SPDT)
    (I used it as a SPST)

Attach a 4 inch piece of plastic or aluminum (shaft) to the lever switch,
install the switch in the project box, (carve an opening for the lever
to go through). Find some plastic, I used little plastic part bin dividers
and made paddles out of them to put on the end of the lever for the
drag I needed. ;) Maybe a picture would be better.

George

Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 02:16:04 -0600
From: "Mallett, Donald B" <Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com>

Do you have any pixs of this? My 1st part of this job is getting the
freaking clutch fan off. My dak has the aux. electric fan I think when the
time comes I'll tap in to that circuit for the new larger main electric fan.
I do foresee the need of relays with tapping into the aux. fan circuit but
have not looked into yet. I will when I find a electric fan to my liking
(and the check book).