Re: Did I just get screwed? + RANTING and ADVICE REQUESTED...

From: DML (robert_schultz@nospam.symaptico.ca)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 19:18:56 EST

I don't know about the parts prices, but most shops charge the book rate. It
make sit easier to quote on a job and it's supposed to save you when the job
takes longer because of some screwup or something (say a broken bolt that
takes an extra hour to get out).

In my experience I would say the shop usually wins on this.

Rob S.