Re: Off Tobic but important

From: Valentin Garcia (valentingar@msn.com)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 23:24:55 EST

Danny,
Before you go joining a gym or buying lots of expensive equipment, I suggest
that you do some research. Most people don't have the slightest idea when it
comes to fitness or nutrition, and most of these so called personel trainers
don't know jack (I used to work for Bally Total Fitness as a Program
Director). You really need to educate yourself and formulate a plan of
attack. Of course you also need discipline and committment if you want to
succeed. It's not rocket science, but if you don't take the right steps,
you'll just "spin your wheels". Also what and when you eat is just as
important as how much weight you can lift!

I highly recommend the book "Body for life" by Bill Phillips
Read the book and follow the plan outlined within. (It really works!)

Also check out "Muscle Media" magazine

Good Luck!

Val Garcia
Houston TX