Rear wheel Speed Sensor

From: KatedralDeAguirre (bluedoberman@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 10:05:32 EST

To anyone whos changed this part due to its causing
your ABS and BRAKE lights to come on and the speed-O
to not work until a certain speed, how difficult was
it? Used to be that my speed-o worked at about 30 mph
now it doesnt work until 45 mph, making going through
a school zone and a 35 speed limit very tricky. I
also noticed that while the MPH doesnt register
neither does the Miles Traveled by the vehicle. I
noticed it while on the "Trip" setting. It doesnt
increase on normal setting either. At least not until
the needle jumps up and begins to register your speed.
 I finally decided to swing by the Dealer and the
parts guy knew the price off the top of his head. I
asked if they mess up THAT often and he said..."well
let me tell...yes." $37.95 and some elbow grease and
hopefully this problem that I've let go on long enough
will be fixed.

Alberto Aguirre Jr
Houston TX
98 Dakota v8 318