RE: Bored-out v8 TB on a V6?

From: Gabriel A. Couriel (BigGabe@fiufiji.com)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 22:13:43 EST

yeah, but he's talking about a ported V8 TB... so its even larger than your
V8 TB. in my opinion... if the V6 is stock, i wouldn't be fitting a ported
V8 TB unless the engine's displacement was increased. i don't know what the
effects of the mod you are trying would be, but i think you are going to
lose a lot of the bottom end power if you did this. but again, i don't have
any first-hand knowledge.

Gabe Couriel

http://frontpage.tripod.com/fijigabe0

---
1998 Dodge Dakota Club Cab Sport
3.9L V6
5-Speed Manual Transmission (AX-15)
3.21 Open Rear End

-----Original Message----- From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net [mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net]On Behalf Of Punch Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2002 9:46 PM To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net Subject: Re: DML: Bored-out v8 TB on a V6?

<jon@dakota-truck.net> wrote in message news:ar1hj0$cpe$1@bent.twistedbits.net... > > andy levy <andylevy@yahoo.com> wrote: > > : I have a Fastman TB on my 318 4x4. Would it be bad to put it on an > : otherwise stock V6 2WD? How about with the QuickD intake attached? > > > Probably more than the V6 needs, but I would check into the > clearance first. Seems like I recall reading something about the > V6 intake bores needing to be opened up a bit so that the V8 throttle > body butterflies don't hit it. Maybe someone else can confirm or deny > that for sure, but I recall reading something about that...

I don't have any problems with my v8 TB on a V6, except for the cable which is about an inch to long and "had" slack in it.

Punch