Hemi Truck - After thought

From: Saint (saint1958@cox.net)
Date: Sun Nov 17 2002 - 04:37:21 EST

Another thought, never try to replace the first oil filter on the Hemi motor
with a standard oil wench. I just crushed the sides of the OEM oil filter
trying to get off. It was way to tight from the factory installation for
even me to remove it.

I had to go back to PepBoys and buy a pliers type oil wench. I did replace
it with K&N HP2004 and 7 qts of Mobile 1 05-30w Synthetic oil. Damn
expensive $$$$$$$$$$$ for an oil change.

Never buy a manual unless you do a lot of towing. The first gear is
completely useless.

I finally looked underneath it has a different exhaust system. The OEM
manifolds are smaller than the 4.7 and almost a straight pipe out (1-inch
from the head and down the tube). One large CAT and one muffler in a 3-inch
exhaust. The piping reminds me of the mandrel type and not the old Chrysler
version.

The front suspension is completely different than previous models. Looking
at the frame, I cannot wait to check out the next Dakota. I just marveled
how well they engineered the beast.

Steven St.Laurent
2003 Dodge Hemi 5.7 Ram 2500 Quad
2000 Dodge Dakota Hemi (Some idot hit the vehicle)
2000 Roush Ford TT-Mustang (1 of 2 beta vehicles)
1999 Chevy Astro (A.K.A. GM Junk)
1993 Geo Tracker (Amazing vehicle that keeps running)
PROJECT CAR:
1992 Suzuki Swift GT (fastest stock sub-compact at 160HP/1775lb vehicle)
Intercooled Turbo - 350HP FY-03
Future Purchases:
2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 with a V-10 (replace the Suzuki)