Cab and box misalignment

From: Steve Anders (steve911@charter.net)
Date: Sun Nov 17 2002 - 18:58:14 EST

Hi all,

I have a 2002 quad cab 4x4. I just purchased a new Lear Topper for it and
noticed the it stuck up above the cab a little. I have seen this exact
topper on other QC's and they fit evenly with the cab.

Further investigation revealed that in looking at the body lines of my
truck, the box sits about an inch higher than the cab. I bought the truck
new and its never been wrecked. Does anyone know if there is something that
can be done to lower the box or raise the cab whichever is out of whack?? I
havent taken it to the dealer yet, as I wanted to have whatever info the DML
can provide as ammo in case I get told that it is normal or something.

thanks
Steve Anders