Re: New thing..

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 14:03:11 EST

I posted a reply about it but I guess you didn't see it - - here it is
again anyway :-)

--------

There has been much debate over the Dakota Generations. Some say
1987-1996 are to be considered Generation I - with the "baby ram"
1997-2003 classified at Generation II trucks.

MY interpretation - and the more generally accepted classification
system is based upon the cosmetic changes to the Dakota and is as follows:

1987-1990 = Gen I
1991-1996 = Gen II
1997-2003 = Gen III

Others may argue that the generation line is to be determined by the
changing from the old LA style engines (Premaggers) to the Magnum
engines in around 1992. This would then change the numbers to indicate
trucks from 87-91, as Gen I trucks - with Gen II being 92-96. But as I
said - the more commonly acknowledge family tree is the 87-90/GenI,
91-96/GenII, and 97-03/GenIII.

--
Terrible Tom

"It's a living thing... It breathes, it eats, ...and it hates..."

Silver '89 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow - (aka Granpa)

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/