More on Tires

From: Robert Schultz (robert_schultz@remove.yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 19:24:24 EST

Just wanted to post an opinion on the Michelin Cross-Terrain SUV tires I put
on the truck in the spring.

I was impressed with them from the start. They're the H rated 275/55/17 on
R/T rim that I put on my QC.

They were the best tire I've used in the dry or the wet on any car I've had.

I didn't get them off the truck in time for the first big snow. I thought
they'd be horrible, being so wide.

We left the house Saturday night and were driving down a local street that
was a sheet of ice. A K car was in the lane beside me and a women in an
Mazda MPV (RWD) pulled out in front of use and spun it sideways.

I was a car behind the Kcar and stopped at least three car lengths away. The
K car glided across the ice and hit the side of the van.

I have put new Michelin Artic Alpin 4x4's on today. They are 'softer' than
the CrossTerrain's but feel pretty good. Got the truck into 4-inches of
snow, hooked up to the trailer and pulled it up a 2ft rise on to the
driveway without problems.

Rob S.