re:Subject: More on Tires

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 20:28:29 EST

Robert wrote:
>Just wanted to post an opinion on the Michelin Cross-Terrain SUV
tires I put
on the truck in the spring.

I was impressed with them from the start. They're the H rated
275/55/17 on
R/T rim that I put on my QC.

They were the best tire I've used in the dry or the wet on any
car I've had.

I didn't get them off the truck in time for the first big snow.
I thought
they'd be horrible, being so wide.

We left the house Saturday night and were driving down a local
street that
was a sheet of ice. A K car was in the lane beside me and a
women in an
Mazda MPV (RWD) pulled out in front of use and spun it sideways.

I was a car behind the Kcar and stopped at least three car
lengths away. The
K car glided across the ice and hit the side of the van.

I have put new Michelin Artic Alpin 4x4's on today. They are
'softer' than
the CrossTerrain's but feel pretty good. Got the truck into
4-inches of
snow, hooked up to the trailer and pulled it up a 2ft rise on to
the
driveway without problems.

Rob S.

Rob,
the Michelin Cross Terrain's weren't out when I bought my LTX's for my '94
Dak. I do have two friends that have recently bought the Cross Terrain's in
the last couple of months. One guy has a new Ford F150 with those "squeel
like a pig" Generals on it, and the other has a Isuzu Trooper with
Bridgestone Desert Duelers. They both love their new Cross Terrain's. I'm
in Tampa, Florida, and we get a LOT of rain here. Both of them swear by the
tires both in the wet and in the dry. If I'd needed tires a couple of
months later, I'd have the Cross Terrain's on my Dak. As it is, I love my
LTX's. They are great in wet and dry, and ride very quiet. I had friends
that ran the LTX's in the past, and they looked brand new with 75k on them.
Still had the "titties", and ya gotta like that!

Later,
Brett Forehand

'94 Dakota CC Sport, 5.2 auto, K+N 14x3, MSD Soopa kon duck tah wires,
Autolite 3923's, Mopar headers, Catco high flow cat, Flowmaster Delta Flow 2
chamber, nifty Gibson stainless steel 3.5" exhaust tip, 3.92 gears, trying
to catch up with Steve St. Laurent's sig line..... ;)