Re: Torque Converter Question

From: Tim Berry (coolva1@cox.net)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 09:20:59 EST

if its lockup... I can see where thats possable w/ there being a clutch in
there from what I understand... if not... I'm assuming you would have some
vibrations w/ some of the blades/vanes missing and it now being out of
balance...

I would try gettin someone to take a ride with you, of if you want, you can
smell your tranny fluid.. if it smells burnt, or funny... change it, and
check the pan to see what kinda suprises ya have... tranny fluid should be a
nice bright red color.... if its brownish, you will also need to change
it...

Tim Berry
(on ~5th rebuild of 44RE) :-D