Re: RE: Summit Vs Fumoto

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 09:47:05 EST

"Wisotzkey, Rich" <Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-ns.com> wrote:

: Tom,
: Summit only shows the one valve in the catalog as an example. If you give
: them a call, they stock all of them.
: Rich

   Also, you can find many products on Summit's web site if you know
the manufacturer's part number. Often, I will be looking for something
through the standard "browse catalog" link or keyword search, and will
not be able to find it, but if I plug in the part number, it comes up.
It doesn't always have a picture or a description available for it, but
it can be added to the shopping cart.

  The "trick" is to get the manufacturer's part number, then find out
what 3 character prefix that summit uses for that manufacturer. All
of Summit's part numbers are a three digit prefix, dash, then the
manufacturer's part number like so:

  XXX-NNNNNN

   For example, the prefix for Summit's own parts is "SUM",
DaimlerChrysler/Mopar Performance is "DCC", etc. To find the
prefix, try searching for the manufacturer's name in the keyword
search and look through the search results. Then, plug that prefix
into the part number search, followed by a dash, then the manufacturer's
part number.

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com ------. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | 70 Cuda, 90 Dak 'vert, 92 Ram 4x4, 96 Dak, 96 Intruder 1400, 96 FireFly | `------------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'