Re: Re: Re: Re: Finally got some updated pics!

From: Hop (hopsdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 16:53:07 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Day" <bill@daysdomain.com>

> wow.. is that almsot $300 per wheel...? hmmm, they look good dude, but
not
> to my wallet..

Heh.. I thought the same but, I bought the wheels and tires as a package
from a guy on another dakota site for $1,000. So i basicaly got the tires
for free. And they aren't that cheap either. He had them on a '00 with a 3"
body lift and couldn't stand how it handled after he installed the body
lift. He said that it wandered all over the road after installing the
steering column extension. So he put it back to stock and i bought the
wheels and tires with 300 miles on them.

> I will concentrate on the solid axle conversion like utahwest.com site.

I'd go that way but, i wanted to try and retain the stock ride. With the
rancho 3" I put on there it didn't change that at all. Other than the Rancho
shocks. They made it ride alot stiffer but, it's a truck. I wish it was a
little taller but, i won't have to worry about the driveline as much with
the 3" lift. Most of my miles are hi-way with a 40 mile commute to work and
another 40 home everyday.
--Hop