Got my shift kit in!

From: Gary Hedlin (ghedlin@theramp.net)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 01:07:54 EST

Well, I finally got my shift kit installed today! WOW, what a difference! I
went with the Trans-Go Jr. kit, wth Bernd's special upgrades. Man, not bad
for the money. All together I have about $200 wrapped up into it, including
labor.

It took me a while to find someone local to install it. I had one
buck-toothed, imbred yokel quote me $375 for just the labor. OUCH. The guy
I eventually took it to only charged me $125, and took about 1/2 the day to
install it. I also used some of the new ATF +4, and had him replace the
filter & gasket. This was cheaper than having the dealer just change the
fluid!!

So, bottom line, this was the best $200 I spent yet. My 1-2 shifts are
lightning quick, and the 2-3 shifts are quicker than before. Should give
me half a second off my 1/4 mile times, i hope. And it the whole truck
seems a lot more responsive.

I'll be happily squeeling tires and rasing hell arround town, that is untill
the cops or the snow stops me! :)

Gary Hedlin
"The Crazy Quadraplegic"
ghedlin@theramp.net (business)