Re: '90 Dak w/ 360 & a rag top!!!

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sat Nov 23 2002 - 14:52:30 EST

"Bill Day" <bill@daysdomain.com> wrote:

: Umm, got a question and a 'ad' for you guys...

: Was flipping throught the Indiana Auto & RV and in first couple pages I seen
: a 1990 Dakota, convertible with a 'stock' 360... this is the "Shelby"
: collectors truck.. am I right...?

: This thing looks clean and they are asking $10K for it with less than 40K
: miles (IIRC)

: Anyone interested I will try to find the info and send it to list.

  Dollars to donuts, this is a homebrew deal. The convertible Dak was
offered in '89 and '90, with 8 built in '91 to fulfill the remainder of
the contract with ASC. However, the most potent motor you could get
in 'em though was the pre-magnum V6. The Shelby Dak had a (pre-magnum)
318, there was no 360 available in a Dakota until '98 with the appearance
of the R/T. Also, the Shelby was never offered as a convertible.

   I have heard of a '91 convertible Dak that was built with a 318 though
as a promotional truck and ended up getting sold to the public. This
*might* be that truck with the seller mistaken on the engine size, but
I would bet its a convertible Dak that someone dropped a 360 into.

  That seems like a lot of money for that truck though, unless it is in
absolutely tip-top shape. It is rare to find a truck of that vintage
with those kind of miles, but it still seems high. If that were a
factory built truck in excellent condition, it would probably fetch
that price, but again, I really doubt it is. (A check of the VIN
would be enough to confirm or deny that.)

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com ------. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | 70 Cuda, 90 Dak 'vert, 92 Ram 4x4, 96 Dak, 96 Intruder 1400, 96 FireFly | `------------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'