Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: RE: PCM Programming: Robert Leech

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 11:54:34 EST

I totally agree with you on that one Steve, EEPROM is the way to go, but
there is a very high potential for an expensive start up cost which would
deter the "average" cutsomer. Interfacing a programmer with all the major
automaker's software would be an amazing feat...it would be fabulous to have
an OBD II programmer that would work on ANY OBD II vehicle that you can
buy... Unfortunately, I dont' see all the automakers getting together and
making a standardized code for their PCM's. Also, from what I hear, the
Dodge PCM's are rather user "un"friendly whereas the ford, gm, and imports
are much nicer to work with.

-Josh

"Stlaurent Mr Steven" <STLAURENTS@MCTSSA.USMC.MIL> wrote in message

> Josh, there is a lot of money to be made with EEPROM Interface devices. I
> am one of them that cross the boundaries of the different auto manufacture
> brands in trying to achieve more power from each vehicle.
>
> --------------------------------------
> Steven St.Laurent
> C4I System Engineer
> Engineering Branch, PSD, MCTSSA
> MARCORSYSCOM, U.S. Marine Corps
> Office (760) 725-2506 (DSN Prefix: 365)
> "<SNIP> Though, reading through history fables,
> some would claim the City of Damascus is the oldest
> city in the world. I thought it was Enoch, grandson of Cain,
> who founded the city of Enoch long before this city was
> ever resurrected from the dust bowls of the middle east."

ECM