RE: sway bars attn: Josh

From: Gary Pinkley (gpinkley@hotchkis.net)
Date: Tue Nov 26 2002 - 19:20:53 EST

Josh, the Hotchkis kit comes assuming you do not have the rear bar on the
vehicle, so it has all the brackets you need. Also, the bars are now
hollow, both front and rear, so we the weight has been removed from the kit,
but still has the same stiffness that we are going for. The front is about
75% stiffer than the original stock R/T ( 1 1/4"od solid) front bar. The
common misconception is that a hollow bar doesn't react as quickly as a
hollow one. This is partially true IF you don't increase the outer
diameter. When we go up in diameter, we gain back the stiffness. Think of
it this way: Watch a tire that is spinning. The center is rotating slower
than the outside, so by removing the inside, and increasing the diameter,
it's just as stiff.
-Gary Pinkley
97 Dak RC