Re: Another Weird noise problem

From: Chris Reck (Roadkill47@attbi.com)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 21:23:21 EST

Umm... Underwear is removed and it still doesn't help.

Anyways, I remember seeing a while back that a similar problem was caused by
a gap in the window gasket around the window. If the mirrors fold in, maybe
the gap is too big. My brother had the same thing on his Hunduh and he used
electrical tape to cover the gap. It sticks to itself really well, but so
so to plastic.

Cheapest thing to try.

--
Chris Reck
Chicagoland, IL

'99 Dakota Sport + CC 4x4 V6 (Deep Amethyst) Custom K&N 6x9 air intake, Rancho RSX shocks (4), Pioneer full audio system. BF Goodrich 32x11.5r15 T/A KO tires

"underwear (KM)" <prdcnd@telus.net> wrote in message news:Xns92D3B6C6EBA35prdcndtelusnet@64.6.225.6... > > > I noticed a post a few days ago on some weird noises. And I am having a > similar problem and I can't seem to track it. I own a 2000 4X4 Dakota 4.7 > L. It sounds like a bad wheel bearing or wind whistling through a window. I > brought it in to be checked out and that wasn't it. It sounds similar > though. Mine is not engine related (I turned the engine off while coasting > and it was still there). It never gets louder as I go faster or hit the > brakes (which are good too). Unless I'm driving under 20 km/h (12 > miles/hr??) it doesn't happen at all. > One more thing, sometimes it stops all together. (Like the day my mechanic > took it for a road test of course). It came back so I took him for a ride. > He heard it but couldn't figure it out. I'm just looking for some thoughts > before I send it back to him. Any ideas? > Thanks > > Kevin > -- > Remove underwear to reply. :)