Re: Off topic list posting

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 12:02:24 EST

> "Brian Fitchett" <fitchett@chem.utah.edu> wrote:
>
> : Just a quick question for you guys... i have tried a few times to post
> : messages on the off topic list, but for some reason they never seem to
> show. : Is there some trick to doing this that i dont know about? I am
> using : outlook express (sorry computer geeks... this is what i have at
> work) to : read the news version of both lists. there doesnt seem to be
> a problem : posting to the regular list....
>
> Only thing I can think of is to make sure your e-mail address is
> subscribed to the offtopic list - if it isn't, your posts won't go
> through. You can subscribe from yahoogroups.com, or via the mailing
> list gateway on the DML home page:
> http://dakota-truck.net/CGI-BIN/dml.html

One thing that I remember about the off-topic list is that you'll probably
want to go to the Yahoo groups interface and change your delivery option
if you're reading through the news group interface. Otherwise, it e-mails
all the messages to you (which sort of defeats the purpose of the news
group mode).

Brian, do you work in the chemistry department at the University of Utah
or something? That "utah.edu" address looks kinda familiar :-).

Jason Bleazard  http://www.bleazard.net  Toronto, Ontario