Weekend Trip to Fresno with the Hemi Truck-Update to speed limit

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@MCTSSA.USMC.MIL)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 16:35:57 EST

First, the engine noise tends to grow on you as people stare at you when WOT
in first or second. Something about the low, rumble engine compartment
noise that freaks people out and pisses off ricers. LOL

The truck was very uncomfortable but better ride than previous Dakotas.
Still has the roller coaster ride effect (up and down motion) while driving
over cement freeways in California. Steering at high-speed was a constant
focus due too the quick reaction of the new steering units and terrible
paved roads. CALTRAN folks must have been drunk when some of these roads
were paved.

I had the truck up to 110MPH so far before I backed off when jumped on it in
fourth gear and it started to fish tail at that speed. Still have a lot of
room in fourth gear for more before hitting the RPM limiter. Didn't use
fifth gear. However, I don't recommend this to anyone with truck tires and
high profile suspension.

I was constantly beating up on ricers, Ferd Focus, Chevy trucks, and other
1500 Rams. I guess the other Ram drivers didn't see the tailgate badging -
HEMI. LOL

Gas mileage sucks but you get what you paid for - HP on demand.

--------------------------------------
Steven St.Laurent
C4I System Engineer
Engineering Branch, PSD, MCTSSA
MARCORSYSCOM, U.S. Marine Corps
Office (760) 725-2506 (DSN Prefix: 365)
"<SNIP> Though, reading through history fables,
some would claim the City of Damascus is the oldest
city in the world. I thought it was Enoch, grandson of Cain,
who founded the city of Enoch long before this city was
ever resurrected from the dust bowls of the middle east."