Re: A/C code w/o A/C?

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 02:22:56 EST

Hi Jon - - both my 89's pull the 33 when I check for engine codes. I
just have ignored it. Can't confirm it but I think the computer detects
that there is an open circuit (meaning the wires are not connected)
because there ARE no wires TO connect to the clutch relay because the
truck never came with AC. Its possible the connector has shorted out.
But I would tend to believe it was just an oversight on Chryslers part
to prevent taht code from being tripped on non AC trucks. Someone was
lazy when they designed them heh.

--

"It's a living thing... It breathes, it eats, ...and it hates..."

Silver '89 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow - (aka Granpa)

AIM Screen name: SilverEightynine Yahoo Messenger: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/