Re: Moving the K&N to behind the bumper AND hydrolock story.

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Fri Dec 06 2002 - 17:53:07 EST

it was about 2 years ago....get ready for a story.....
i got one real good once. as some of us more diverse DML members know, the
optimal place for the cold air kit on a mustang is in the fenderwell... for
some reason i decided to go with a ram air kit that put the intake just
under the front air dam. to make a long story short, I had the motor revved
up well into the high end of the RPM range and then went under a bridge here
in chicago (after a rain) and sucked in a TON of water. I hyrdolocked the
crap out of the motor and threw 5 of the 8 rods, blew all the freezeplugs,
took the intake off, cracked the heads, exploded a brand new vortech s-trim,
and shattered the cam. all on 302 that had about 3000 miles on it and
dynoed at about 540 horsepower. YAY!!!

had to tell my sob story as long as we were on the topic.

-Josh

jon@jonsteiger.com ------.

http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'