4.7L Electric Fan

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Sun Dec 08 2002 - 16:03:19 EST

Hi All,

I've got a 2000 Dakota (4.7L) and I sometimes hear a clicking sound when
driving. I'm pretty sure this is coming from the auxiliary electric
fan. I'm wondering if it will cause any problems to temporarily remove the
fuse for the electric fan and drive for a short time to see if the noise
goes away. I'm sure this will probably cause the computer to generate an
error code, but will that error code be cleared once I replace the fuse and
the fan runs again?

I'd like to confirm what this is before I go and pay to have it replaced.

Thanks,

-Bill