Re: Re: severe detonation problem

From: Tony Cellana (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Dec 08 2002 - 23:25:38 EST

87 unless you have the MP computer, or have done something that will raise
cylinder psi (S/C, turbo, NO2, shaved heads, pistons, etc), or increased the
timing (PCM, Jet Chip, etc).

The MP computer recommends premium (91+ octane). Same for the Jet.

Something else to consider, has the truck been running warm comparatively
speaking? A hotter engine can also cause pinging.

Have you had any increased oil consumption?

Just looking for some more clues to help you in the riight direction without
killing the wallet.

TonyC