Re: Re: Missing Connection Fitting (Found problem)

From: Chris Reck (Roadkill47@attbi.com)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 16:38:00 EST

I just read in Haynes Repair Manual that it describes removing the Cruise
Control Vacuum supply hose when removing the Manifold. Could this be it?

Does anyone have a V6 model with cruise and confirm this?

--
Thanks!

Chris Reck Chicagoland, IL

'99 Dakota Sport + CC 4x4 V6 (Deep Amethyst) Autolite 3923, 7.5mm Bosch plug wires, Jet Stage 1 Chip, Custom K&N 6x9 air intake, Rancho RSX shocks (4), Pioneer full audio system, BF Goodrich 32x11.5r15 T/A KO tires

""Josh Battles"" <jbattles@bankfinancial.com> wrote in message news:atav8s$nv5$1@bent.twistedbits.net... > > I'm nost sure if i'm thinking of the right one, but that "extra"connection > point i *think* has a cover on it on my truck. I don't think it goes to > anything. > -Josh > > ""Chris Reck"" <Roadkill47@attbi.com> wrote in message > news:atauea$mts$1@bent.twistedbits.net... > > > > The hose that I found was missing was the Crankcase Breather Hose. This > > came off the back of the air hat to the drivers side Valve Cover (behind > the > > Oil Fill Cap). > > > > The hose was laying across the top of the intake manifold not linked to > > anything. It has been this way for the last 15,000 miles or so. What > sort > > of issues am I looking forward to because of this goof? > > > > P.S. I'm still trying to find out what the other connection is for on the > > passenger side of the Intake Manifold. The one for the PCV sensor is > hooked > > up, but there is a second fitting right next to it. Is this normal to be > > unplugged? > > > > -- > > Thanks again for everyone's help! > > > > Chris Reck > > Chicagoland, IL > > > > '99 Dakota Sport + CC 4x4 V6 (Deep Amethyst) > > Autolite 3923, 7.5mm Bosch plug wires, Jet Stage 1 Chip, Custom K&N 6x9 > air > > intake, Rancho RSX shocks (4), Pioneer full audio system, BF Goodrich > > 32x11.5r15 T/A KO tires > > > > > >