RE: Re: Truck Trend: No HEMI Dak

From: Saint (saint1958@cox.net)
Date: Sat Dec 14 2002 - 20:08:02 EST

"...don't worry....be happy."

That is a incorrect on the Dakota. They will offer the Dakota SRT-8 package
with a 5.7 refresh motor. There is in the works a refresh of the Hemi 5.7.
Ask yourself, "WHY NOT!" Remember, Roush has been secretly working on a
Ranger SVT to promote a middle weight truck contender against the Dakota R/T
or now SRT-8. Like always, Ford doesn't offer any real potential motor
since there is none that is normally aspirated. So the only route to go is
the Supercharged twin-screw and max it out for power. Richard is the one
who revealed that Pickuptruck.com has driven pre-production Ranger
"Lightning Bolt" (380 HP) and will be showed in the Detroit Auto show.
However, this maybe a show truck only, like the Cobra with a 5.4 truck
motor, which never made it to production.

Also, I been hearing that the hybrid Dakota has been driving around the
Detroit area and hopefully it will also be there at the show next month.

The Durango and the Dakota will not share the same frame as previous models.
The Durango is now a 1500 model frame with a rear seating larger than the
Explorer. LOL

The Dakota will share the M-81 stretch frame. Get this, this is the lightest
middle weight truck ever. It will weigh under the 300-3400l lb mark for the
R/C version due to the Hydro-formed frame and some lightweight alloys.
However, the size will fit the between the Ram and M-80 compact truck that
will arrive in 06 model year.

So< never mind what Truck Trend mag said, just remember Buzz has the
insight to all what is happening in the DC world.

Not to forget the engines that are currently being worked on: V-10 Hemi
(8.X ltr), the V-8 Hemi (6.x l ltr.), and the next refresh V-6 s/hemi (3.7
ltr), V-8 S/Hemi (4.7 ltr), and 5.7 HO version in two years.

Steven St.Laurent
2003 Dodge Hemi 5.7 Ram Quad
2000 Dodge Dakota Hemi (Some idot hit the vehicle)
2000 Roush Ford TT-Mustang (1 of 2 beta vehicles)
1999 Chevy Astro (A.K.A. GM Junk)
1993 Geo Tracker (Amazing vehicle that keeps running)
PROJECT CAR:
1992 Suzuki Swift GT (1775lb) Intercooled Turbo - 350HP FY-03
Future Purchases:
2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 with a V-10 (replace the Hemi)
2004/5 Dodge Hemi Durango (again for the wife)