Re: Re: Dual O2 sensor ideas...

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 16:41:02 EST

At 07:34 PM 12/17/02 +0000, you wrote:
>-- SNIP-- However, are you sure about the nature of the signal? The
>reason I ask is,
>when I view the output of the O2 sensor using my OBD-II reader at WOT,
>the voltage will jump up to .92 to .96 volts (depending on the current
>config of the truck) and will stay there until I let off the throttle
>and the computer goes back into closed loop. If the O2 sensor signal
>was an AC voltage, I would think that it wouldn't result in this
>constant voltage readout. It is for this reason that I always just
>assumed it was a DC voltage. -- SNIP -- -Jon-

I haven't looked into the nature of the voltage but, when I've monitored my
runs,
on the track, there seems to be a general pattern with mine. At WOT, the O2
sensor voltage is highest right at/near the beginning of a shift and then
will come
down as I'm deeper into the shift. For example (just picking one out at
random),
the signal shows .94, .94, .92 in first; .90 in 2nd (only one frame
captured in this
gear); .94, .94, .92, .90, .88, .88 in third.

Bob