Re: RE: Re: RE: Nitrous legality question

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 18 2002 - 17:45:42 EST

Robert Tucker wrote:
> In both North Carolina and Alabama, it is legal to have a nitrous bottle
> fully charged in the vehicle. It is, however, illegal to have the valve
> open. In other words, you can have it - you just can't use it.

Sounds like the rules for booze when I was in college. It was OK to
have it (unopened) in your car, and it was OK to have it in your
on-campus residence, provided of course you were of age. However, it
was not OK to have it in your posession "in the open" on campus - that
is, you can have it in the car, you can have it in the residence, but
you can't get it from the car to the residence.