Mirror Turn Signals

From: Fred Probst (fred@flinthills.com)
Date: Thu Dec 19 2002 - 09:49:52 EST

Being a new member to the group I'm not sure if this topic has already been
covered or not, but here goes.

While waiting at a light I was sitting behind an SUV with its left turn
signal on. All of a sudden I noticed that there were three red chevrons
imbedded in the left had mirror that were also flashing a left turn
indication. When they would blink off you couldn't even tell they were there
in the mirror.

Before the light changed I decided that I wanted, had to have, the same
thing on my Dakota. I then found a site on the Internet that sells
replacement mirrors with the blinkers built into the mirrors.

My question is, has anyone replaced their standard mirrors with these
optional mirrors, and if so, what kind of a challange was it. Are you happy
with the results.

Thanks,
Fred
Kansas
92 Dakota, extended cab, 318, 4 speed auto.