Re:Leaking EXT. Cab rear window

From: Bobby Nicks (bwnicks@nc.rr.com)
Date: Thu Dec 19 2002 - 16:53:08 EST

This is a fairly common problem. Mine leak and a friend with a Dakota had
his leak.

Mine of hard to find, the carpet in the front was wet, but the carpet in the rear was
dry. When hurricane Fran came by I had water standing in front of the front seat
while the carpet in back was dry. I figured it was the windshield.

Finally found it by taking everything out, seats, front and rear, carpet, trim pieces in
the back. Then took the hose to it. the water was coming in the left bottom of the
rear window, running down to the floor then along the back of the cab to the side then
down the side of the cab to the front, then out into the center.

Sealed it with some stuff I got from a glass shop. This was 2 years ago. Haven't had a
wet carpet since.

Bob N.