Re: RE: I got my stuff back!!!

From: Jon N. Benignus (blkwidow1@primary.net)
Date: Sat Dec 21 2002 - 13:33:29 EST

> CRS? Not sure what that stands for Neil heh.
Me neither, because I Can't Remember Squat!

Dak content: Changed the t-stat last weekend. Had the rad almost completely
blocked off and still couldn't get much heat, although the temp gauge was
above the low mark of the normal range.
When the old one came out, surprise! It was a 192! Looked like the mechanic
who installed it got a bit liberal with gasket sealer and it got under the
stat. Plus, it had to be opening way too far, as it would close when cold.
I replaced it with a 180. I don't get heat quite as quickly as I did when I
bought the truck, but with the gauge sitting on the low mark of normal, I
have a blast furnace for a heater. Run through the gears WFO to 65, the temp
moves a needle width, then immediately drops right back. I never had any
problems with running warm in summer traffic with the A/C on, but this
should be even better. It will probably reduce the pinging I get going
through the mountains, too. Mileage seems to have improved a touch. I guess
I should replace the cap and rotor, they have 20k+ on them. OOPS! I just
checked receipts-the PO replaced them at 84k. I now have 113k....I have more
work to do!

Jon
STL MO