RE: M-1 manifold question

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Dec 22 2002 - 13:49:10 EST

The M1 is a single plane, performance manifold...the factory manifold
isn't quite what one would call a "performance oriented" manifold. No,
it doesn't require an aftermarket throttle body, but would recommend it
to add to the additional ponies the M1 gives you.

The 2BBL version is recommended for street vehicles and is a 90% bolt-on
(requires installation kit and gaskets) and the 4BBL version is
"suitable" for street useage, but recommended for racing/strip
applications.

While the 4BBL TB works well in some cases, the standard linkage isn't
quite up to par for street use. You can either build, or purchase, the
aftermarket progressive linkage system. For street use, stick with the
2BBL manifold and TB.

- Bernd