Twas the night before Christmas ...

From: Eric Giblock (egiblock@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 25 2002 - 09:42:52 EST

org post on dml: unknown.
thoughts like this: priceless
hehe

'Twas the night before Christmas, and parked in the garage......
I sat in my brand new Dakota from Dodge.
Polished and cleaned and raring' to go
I was confident she'd be great in two feet of snow.

With four wheel drive and the new 'four point seven',
I thought I had died and gone to heaven...
Power windows and locks, tilt, cruise and A-C,
I would have her paid off by two-thousand and three.

When out on the driveway there came such a roar;
I hit the remote to open the garage door.
Fire up the 'Magnum' and shift out of park,
Flipped on the high-beams to see into the dark.

The blaze from the headlights on the new fallen snow
Had given me a headache; turn them back down to low!
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear
But two stuck trucks; a Chevy in front, and a Ford in the rear.

With two pissed off drivers who knew they were screwed,
I refrained from laughing, as not to appear rude.
More snow on the ground than they had expected,
The trucks they were driving the road had rejected.

"You guys need some help?" I had yelled out loud;
At first, no response - I figured they're too proud.
But after a while, a voice echoed through:
"Yeah, sure, what the heck; but won't you get stuck, too?"

I shifted the lever from 2-high to 4-low
And rolled out of the garage and into the snow.
With the traction-lock diff and extra weight in the bed,
My Dak was unstoppable, like a down hill sled.

As I slowly approached the accident scene,
I could see the two drivers turn an envious green.
"Nice truck" I heard uttered from one of the men-
This, coming from an owner of a newer S-10!!!

I stepped out of the cab and into the fluff;
Opened the truck box, which was packed full of stuff.
"You got any chains?" said the guy in the Ranger;
"Yes, I sure do. You're no longer in danger."

The two stuck trucks sat right in a row,
So I hooked them together; the Dak as their tow.
With the chains mounted aft to the class IV hitch,
The rescue went on; so far, not a glitch.

The night seemed colder as the minutes ticked by,
But my Dak stood ready to give it a try.
As I put it in drive and took my foot off the brake,
I started to wonder, "How long would this take?"

As I gave it some gas, the chains pulled tight,
Four wheels digging in; Oh man, what a sight!
With all of the torque applied at just the right time,
The Dak lunged forward leaving nothing behind.

The silence was broken with shouts of joy,
For the Dak came through and rescued their "toys".
"That Dodge was amazing," said one to the other;
I quickly realized this guy was his brother!

"I'm trading my Ford for a Dakota tomorrow,"
"Me too; that Chevy ain't worth all my sorrow!"
I yelled to the men as I backed up to the garage,
"Merry Christmas to all, and to all who choose Dodge!"

Happy Holidays Everyone!

--
----
Eric Giblock